I’ve recently started selling my designs on a new Print On Demand website, called TeePublic. So far I have made a couple of sales and so I wanted to share with you all my experiences. Read on to find out more about selling art on TeePublic and see if it might work for you!
Open a free TeePublic store and start selling your artwork and making $ today!
- This POD is very T-shirt focused (it is TeePublic after all).
- Prices are comparatively very reasonable. Maybe your friends/family won’t pay $30 for your t-shirt but they might be willing to pay $14!
- Caters to branded and/or fan art. (Personally I avoid this because I’m not willing to have my stuff taken down due to copyright infringement)
- Punny and funny designs also seem to do well.
Ease of Upload
- Very quick and simple uploading process. Few steps.
- Intuitive tagging (suggestions come up even before you start typing)!
- Must use a .png image for the t-shirts (ie. no background).
- You can upload patterns for some products like pillows or totes, but you can only use one version of the image, you can’t upload a different file for the t-shirt (so in that case there would be no t-shirt for that design).
- As mentioned above, there is no ability to upload multiple versions of the same design to suit a different product type, so keep this in mind.
- You can resize and centre your design easily.
- Pretty basic. Focus is on the design and T-shirts.
- No models, just images of the products by themselves.
Here is a screenshot of my store front:
T-shirt product page display:
Products and Pricing
- A fairly small range of products but they are quite affordable.
- Basic t-shirts are $14 for the first 3 days after upload, then they go up to $20.
- T-shirts go on sale for $14 at least 1x per month. (Other products go on sale too)
- A wide variety of shirt styles including hoodies and kids’ clothing are available.
- They also have stickers, totes, tapestries, phone cases, mugs, pillows, notebooks and prints.
- Prices in USD.
- Starts at $5.99 to the U.S. and Canada.
- Paypal or Payoneer payment options.
- Paid monthly on the 15th for previous month’s earnings.
- Affiliate program available, but you have to apply.
- They also have a “refer an artist” program, where you can potentially get paid if you refer someone to open a store and they make sales.
- There is a Facebook group but it isn’t very active.
- No obvious forum.
- Ability to follow other designers but not to like their individual works. Less sense of community than other platforms such as Zazzle or Redbubble.
- You will get an e-mail once a month or so letting you know about upcoming sales.
- In this email are links to download various advertisement templates catered to different social media platforms, which can be used and edited in Photoshop.
- Teepublic advertises their top design picks on the homepage and through e-mail campaigns so if you can get noticed by them, they’ll do the work for you!
- If your work is very graphic, and especially if you do fan art, TeePublic could be a great option for you.
- Their website and uploading process is simple and easy to use.
- Their affordable prices, especially $14 T-shirts, is an excellent way to entice buyers.
So, what are you waiting for?
Check out TeePublic today and let me know what your thoughts and experiences are in the comments below!
You may have heard that the popular fashion website Polyvore was sold off and the website has been shut down.
If you didn’t know about Polyvore, it was a fashion website where you could pin and collect fashion, home decor, and images from around the web and create sets with them, enter them into contests and share them with friends. It was pretty fun, especially for fashion lovers.
I used Polyvore to make sets and sometimes included my own designs from Zazzle and Society6 in them.
I was able to download all of my sets before they were gone forever, and since they are no longer online I thought I’d share a few of my best sets here!
Where I’ve included my own designs in the set I will list the products below the image in case you’re interested.
Paris is Always a Good Idea Throw Pillow
Mermaid Pattern Tank Top
Rainbow Palm Tree Sunset Flip Flops
Black and White Lace Yin Yang Hoody
Ok But First Coffee T-shirt
I actually have a ton more sets that I will save for a later date.
I am pretty sad that Polyvore is gone since it was a fun and unique website! Does anyone know of any similar alternatives? If you used Polyvore, what are your thoughts on the change?
Have a great day everyone.
Here are 2 new mandala patterns I created by re-using and re-mixing my best selling Rose Gold Mandala design!
These designs were also inspired by some of my other best selling designs, including my Blue and Gold Mandala Pattern and my Rose Gold Mandala on a White Marble background.
I think these 2 mandala designs turned out pretty nicely and I have uploaded them to my Redbubble and Society6 stores! Check out a few samples of the products available below. They make a beautiful tapestry or throw pillow.
Blue and Gold Mandala Wall Tapestry
Rose Gold Mandala on White Marble Throw Pillow or Floor Pillow
Blue and Gold Mandala Laptop Sleeve
Rose Gold Mandala on White Marble Contrast Tank Top
Blue and Gold Mandala Greeting Card
Rose Gold Mandala on White Marble Tapestry
Let me know which design or product is your favourite by leaving me a comment below!
Have a great day.
This speed drawing video I created shows the making of my latest design “Mountain Mandala”!
After drawing the mandala I scanned and edited it using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (not shown in the video).
I’ve started creating these videos to work on my recording and editing skills. It’s also just a fun creative project to work on.
The video was recorded on my phone, which is funny because I tried using my old digital camera but it was worse quality than my bottom-of-the-line smartphone! It’s crazy how quickly technology improves.
To position the phone above the drawing surface I used a flexible holding arm I bought from Amazon. To edit the video I used Adobe Premiere Pro.
Mountain Mandala has been uploaded to my various stores, check out some product samples below! I think it looks pretty good on the black background actually.
Mountain Mandala Throw Blanket from Society6
Mountain Mandala Mug from Redbubble
Mountain Mandala Tank Top from Society6
Mountain Mandala Sticker from Redbubble
Mountain Mandala Wall Tapestry from Society6
Feel free to check out some of my other videos and/or follow my Youtube Channel to see more videos in the future. I’ve been thinking about doing some tutorials for mandalas and things like that so if you’re interested in that make sure to hit that subscribe button!
If you have any questions about my process feel free to ask below!
February 14th is coming up soon, so make your loved one a beautiful and unique card with these 3 free printable and color-able Valentine’s Day cards.
Click here to download the Free Valentine’s Day cards in PDF format from Dropbox
I always forget to buy a card for Valentine’s day and most other holidays, so I usually wind up DIY-ing one last minute. Inspired by that idea, I decided to create these free color-able Valentine’s cards that can be printed and colored in yourself!
For best results, I recommend printing these on card stock and coloring them in with decent quality pens or colored pencils.
These are designed to be printed on 8.5×11 inch paper and folded in half. The inside is blank so you can add your own personal message and say whatever your heart desires!
These card designs are inspired by zen doodle style drawings.
Check out my other free printable coloring pages here.
Have a great and Happy Valentine’s Day!
Inspired by Pantone’s color of the year, Ultraviolet, I made this new floral mandala design with the words “Love Life” in the center!
I haven’t shared any of my latest designs in quite awhile so there are several new pieces in my catalog. If you would like to see them all check out my Society6 page!
Not only was this design inspired by the Pantone color of the year for 2018, but also the quote “Love Life” was inspired by a song by one of my favourite musical artists called Atmosphere.
If you’ve never heard of them and want to have a listen to the song, here it is on Youtube.
My Love Life mandala design has been uploaded to my Society6 and Redbubble stores.
Here are a few of my favourite products:
Love Life Mandala Lightweight Hoody from Rebubble
Love Life Mandala iPhone X Tough Case from Society6
Love Life Mandala Throw Blanket from Society6
Love Life Mandala Throw Pillow or Floor Pillow from Redbubble
Love Life Mandala Sticker from Redbubble
Well that’s all I have for now folks, I hope you are having a great start to 2018.
Let me know what you think of my latest design(s) by leaving a comment below!
P.S. – I have a little Valentine’s Day surprise for you all in the coming weeks so stay tuned for that and make sure you follow my blog so won’t miss my next post!