Hi guys! Me again.
Today I wanted to share some of the things I’ve made from Pinterest!
These are some of my fave recipes I’ve found on Pinterest and actually made myself. Most of them turned out great, others I will have to work on but due to my own fault, not the recipe.
Keep in mind that I am a pretty novice chef so if I can make these recipes, you can too! I also like recipes that don’t use a ton of ingredients, use ingredients that I readily have in my kitchen and that aren’t very expensive. I also don’t like using a ton of dishes since until recently I did not have a dishwasher and well, I hate washing dishes.
Sorry I don’t have any photos of my attempts at these recipes, but the ones on the links are much prettier anyways. Let’s get started!
1. First off I want to start with this awesome, quick and easy breakfast smoothie that I’ve been making almost every morning for the past month or so. Delicious Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie. Just a banana, spoonful of peanut butter, milk and some ice blended together. Recently I started buying Almond Milk from the store which make this smoothie even more yummy and healthy!
2. Now I haven’t tried any specific lunch recipes, I usually just make a sandwich or something simple. But a few weeks ago I made a ton of these super tasty Cabbage Rolls for dinner and had several left over for myself and my bf to take for lunch! I used ground turkey meat for the filling so they were super healthy and good. For the sauce, I just used half a jar of tomato based spaghetti sauce I had sitting in the fridge! Easy AND frugal. YES!
3. Now we need a tasty snack. This Sriracha Spiced Popcorn recipe was amazing. Not only was it tasty, but super low-cal too. If you don’t try anything else from this post you have to try this one (if you like Sriracha sauce that is)!!
4. Time for dinner. Dinner time is usually when I like to experiment with different recipes. The first one I tried was this fairly easy Korean Seafood Pancake with scallions and mixed seafood. It was pretty quick to make and quite filling. I think for next time I will use a bit more water (mine was pretty thick) and just shrimp instead of the mixed seafood.
5. Everyone needs to try Spaghetti Squash. If you haven’t yet, DO IT NOW! It’s really good and wholesome. The texture is not quite like pasta, it’s actually a bit crunchy, but I like it. I tried this vegetarian recipe one day when the bf was out (he doesn’t his meals without meat) and it was great. Light, yet filling. Here is the recipe for Skinny Spaghetti Squash Alfredo. When I made it, I actually didn’t make the sauce I just used jarred alfredo sauce that I had in the fridge (also leftover), and sprinkled some parsley, pepper, and red pepper flakes on top. Probably not AS good, but not bad.
6. Here is another easy and super healthy meal I made for dinner last week. Crispy Chicken thighs, Garlic Mashed Cauliflower and Sauteed Spinach. The bf wasn’t crazy about the spinach but surprisingly he really liked the mashed cauliflower! Now I buy cauliflower every time I go for groceries since it is such a great substitute for potatoes or other starchy sides. The thighs came out really good too.
I have a few more but perhaps will save them for another post. Also, as I try new recipes I will post and maybe take pics next time.
I hope you find some recipes here you like and try! Bon appetit!